1988 Scirocco 16v downpipe

I've recently bought a used downpipe for my Scirocco 16v however prior to installing it I was wondering if anyone had any tips on cleaning, coating or even heat wrapping it before I put it on. Since these items cost over an arm and a leg at your local VW dealer I'd really like to prep it as best I can to increase it's life expectancy. The flex pipe is in fairly good condition so I don't think it'll be and issue.

Thanx in advance, Norbert

Reply to
Norbert Ricafort

do not heat wrap it, that will only shorten its life.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel