1993 Fox Fuel Tank

I need to replace the fuel tank on a '93 Fox. Does anyone know where I could go on the web for advice? Or, does anyone here have experience doing this?

john

Reply to
jwhyland

Did it on an 88 model Fox. Advise replacing the transfer pump as part of the process. All non-steel fuel hoses, includes those not part of tank connection, should be replaced while you're under there. If you anticipate keeping the car for another decade, prime the outside of the tank, then apply an undercoating. If you got rust in the tank, clean the contact point of the swing arm for the gas level sending unit with a nylon scrub pad. Naptha solution bath. Replace the rubber seal for the sending unit when reinstalling. The most difficult thing for me was realigning the gas tank with the rubber hose that carries gas from the fill port outside. Did it all on a lift that I rented for a day. Advise getting all that you possibly replace onhand to avoid delays that may cost you weeks waiting for a part. Drive the car until you're sure you have a gallon of gas or less will save you some headaches.

Reply to
Jonny