2003 Jetta Wagon Rear Seats

I was putting the back seats down in my Jetta this morning (only owned the car a month) and realized that I needed to move the front seats forward to get the back cushion completely down. No big deal, I would just move the front seat back afterwards. The front seat would only go back a little bit, due to the bottom cushion that is hinged on the heelboard. I know how to remove the bottom cushion with tools, but would like to know if I am missing something here. In my Grand Cherokee, the bottom cushion in the back could be completely lifted out once tilted forward. Is this possible in the Jetta?

Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew