2006 Rabbit interior light

My 2006 Rabbit interior light no longer comes on when the front door is opened. The lights still work when the three position toggle switch is turned to 'on'. The door switch still changes the display on the dash when opened. Any ideas? Is there a timer/relay somewhere that might be bad??

Reply to
Jack

There may be many problem areas, but keep in mind that the switch may have two sets of contacts: one for the dash features, and one for the light. The two areas I suspect first off are the door switch, and the three way switch in the fixture. Both can cause what you are seeing.

Reply to
PeterD

Driver door lock assembly. Goes bad all the time. You should also notice the key in ignition with door open chime and the headlights left on with door open chime no longer work.

My 2006 Rabbit interior light no longer comes on when the front door is opened. The lights still work when the three position toggle switch is turned to 'on'. The door switch still changes the display on the dash when opened. Any ideas? Is there a timer/relay somewhere that might be bad??

Reply to
LG

Thanks for the reply. The door switch seems logical so I thought I'd check it, but I cannot even find it! Any clues where it is or how to check? Any recommendations on a good manual? Same goes for how to get at the three-way switch.

Reply to
Jack

Thanks for the reply. The door open and the key in ignition chime still do work.

Reply to
Jack