'87 van engine conversion??

My dad is having the heads on his camper replaced due to corrosion in the heads due to coolant leakage. The mechanic said that this is a problem with these engines and also mentioned that there is also a conversion kit available to put a Rabbit engine into the van. Really??? Has anybody heard of this or done it?? Thanks. Dave '84 GLI

Reply to
DWebber711

There's a firm in California that makes a conversion kit using South African VW parts. The company is TICO. The Vanagon was made up untill the last year in South Aferica.

Joe R

Reply to
Joe R

Along with the company that the other poster mentioned, I4 VW kits can be had from

and Subaru flat four kits can be purchased at
As I understand it, Vanagon diesel parts can be used for an I4 VW conversion if you're the 'do it yourself' type.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Faison