240 Engine in the Amazon

Hi folks,

Does anybody know if the 240 engines (the B21 really) will fit into the Amazon easily? I know in the 240's the engines were mounted at a slight angle, and not in the Amazons, so I wondered if this is a problem. Is there any type of conversion kit currently available?

I'm really after a cheap engine to place in an Amazon that currently doesn't have one, so if anybody is aware of another common, cheap engine that would easily fit I'd be very interested to know.

Thanks

David

Reply to
David Balfour

I've heard of it being done, but it's not easy, there's quite a bit of custom fabrication. B20's aren't terribly hard to find, I know someone who's had a few of them, where are you located?

Reply to
James Sweet

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply, it was really just an idle thought - I have a known good B21A sitting unused in my garage and saw an Amazon without an engine on eBay. I thought maybe I could do something on the cheap (spare money goes on the Triumph I also own).

Thanks again,

David

Reply to
David Balfour