95 Jetta GL

can't bleed left rear/right front brake circuit. Have replaced Mastr cyl.twice and wheel cyl.x 3 but air comes out of left rear no matter how much I bleed it. I had read about the load proportioning valve by the rear and suspect it has something to do with it. Is there a special procedure with respect to this valve or is it shot and needs replacement? Could use some help, very frustrated!

Reply to
gtoracer

Are you saying that ONLY AIR comes out? I will ASSuME that you mean to say that fluid comes out mixed with air. Are BOTH of the rear wheel cylinders NEW? Check for any rusted out lines or connections too! Do you see the load proportioning valve leaking at all?

What else was done to the brake system? Please be specific!

dave

Bubbles of air come out at regular intervals with the fluid during bleeding.Both rear cylinders are new, the proportioning valve has some fluid under the dust boot for the plunger but not alot. The lines look good all the way up to the master cylinder which is also new.I guess the Proportioning valve is the last link in the hydraulic system.I'm thinking about changing it out for the process of elimination but it looks expensive. If nobody has anty better ideas I guess that's what I'll do.

Reply to
gtoracer

I think if you see fluid coming out of the proportioning valve then that is probably your problem.

dave