97 Golf MK3 Starting problems

Hello all,

I've got a 97 Golf 1.6GL. When I start the car in the morning the I can hear the starter motor firing up, then the starter motor slows to a crawl for about half a second, (almost as if it's stalling, but it does'nt completely stop) before the engine fires up. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this.

Thanks in advance.

DarrenW

Reply to
DarrenW

I had the same, after it allmost stalls the engine fire's? In my case it was the battery which was dying out on me.

Remco

Reply to
Remco Meeder