aux water pump on vr6

I've got a leaking auxiliary water pump on my 96 passat vr6, and I'm trying to figure out what needs to come out to get at it. Can I just remove the plastic cover that routs the plug wires, or do I need to remove the whole plastic cover over the valve cover? Looking for the simplest solution to get at the part, and I haven't done much work on this car. Any thoughts?

TIA - Chris

Reply to
starburst