Beetle Tail Light Bulb

Hi Everyone,

A taillight bulb in our New Beetle burnt out, and I can't figure out how to remove the bulb carrier...any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

As I recall, it only involves removing the carpet covering it and then removing the housing. Not too difficult.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Carpet covering?

There is a plastic hatch that is covering a plastic thumb screw...I assumed that that would allow me to remove the bulb carrier, but no dice...

- Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

You're half-way there . . . Remove the knurled nut (plastic thumb screw) being careful not to lose the washer and spacer under the nut. Placing outward pressure on the exposed screw, push the light housing away from the bodywork. (The taillight housing may stick to the body work. Some wiggling and patience will work it free.) Remove the wiring harness. Grasp the bulb holder. Rotate approx 45 degrees counter-clockwise. Pull away from from housing to replace bulb.

Reply to
BMA