Better handling : A1 or A2 .

After installing the available aftermarket suspension goodies, which car would handle better ?

I have an 84 Jetta GLI (stock) and an 86 GTI(stock) .

Just the basic strut/ shock/ swaybar/ strut tie-bar kinds of mods and a mild

1-1.5" suspension drop ... Also moving up to 15" wheels

Thanks for the input Dave

Reply to
Kneel Jung

Hard to say. They can both be excellent handling cars but I find I prefer the light weight A1's myself.

Trent

-- "Work is the scourge of the drinking classes."

-- Oscar Wilde

Reply to
Trent Liles

I would vote for the Jetta. It's lighter, and the 4 door body is stiffer provided you have the front stress bars. Upper and lower. The actual suspension bits are practically the same. The Jetta also has slightly better weight distribution I suspect. But mostly it's lighter.

Kevin Rhodes Westbrook, Maine

02 Golf GLS TDI 84 Jetta GLI (mostly stock too, 320K miles)

Reply to
Kevin Rhodes

Reply to
dnotes