Bosch injector connectors bargain

I got an 8 pack of MSD 2400 connectors. These are the center type connectors that VW used on their old cars and Toyota used in 1987. I think it was $26 at Summit Racing. I bought a $20 crimping tool. I soldered the connections after crimping as it did not look at pretty as the factory crimp. I found if I bend over the insulated strain relief first then the electrical crimp looked better. I guess a fancier Molex crimper might be easier. Also if I had split the intake manifold so the electrical connectors were easier to reach, the project would have been easier but then I would have had to bolt everything back together. If you have ever worked on a 22RE you would know what I mean.

I guess if you are going to replace a bunch of connectors this is a fairly good deal. This also would have worked but a bit more expensive but would have looked more OEM. On the other hand the MSD connectors have easy pop off clips.

I have read that sometimes you can get all kinds of weird issues because after 20 years and 275,000 miles the connectors are pretty toasted. How the injectors themselves do not get toasted is beyond me unless the gas keeps things a bit cooler.

Reply to
Jim Behning