Broken Clutch Levers - Are these weak?

Volkswagen seemes to have manafactured a bunch of wimpy clutch release levers on the 9A transmissions..

The internal lever (just behind the green cap) to release the clutch in my '87 Cabby with 9A series 5 speed tranny has broken for the 2nd time. This seem to be a weak point on these 5 speeds. Otherwise, the clutch works fine. Was wondering. is there a heavy duty version of this lever available?

Reply to
Todd

I have replace very few of them over the last 30 years.

Reply to
Woodchuck

A worn or sticking release bearing can make that happen...

Not my email, just a spammer snipped-for-privacy@pocarroll.freeserve.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@pocarroll.freeserve.co.uk

Reply to
Peter