Cabriolet's and Golf's

So the GF wants a Cab. I've got 3 golfs along with various parts. So My question is which parts are going to be able to transfer over. The golf's are all mk2 and of course the cab will be a mk1. The most important part for me I suppose is the brand new suspension I put in less than two years ago. Will it fit the cab? How about the 5 sp tranny? The 1.8 digi engine? other parts? Thanks very much for any specific info.

Cheers,

-Dru

Reply to
DruG

The suspension, unfortunately, will not fit unless you need a LOT or ground clearance :) A1 and A2 'dubs both use 020 transmissins, but not all of the cases have provisions for mounting to both generations - the Golfs utilize holes, and the Cabriolet uses studs. The engine is the same - in fact, later model Cabriolets came with digi. It's not worth changing fuel systems for performance or reliability, but the engines are the same if you need parts. Brakes should go on, master cylinder/brake booster, front seats, shift knob, wheels...

Reply to
R_Petranovich