chipped paint on bumper

I recently got my bumper painted a few months ago because it was scratced. Cost me a few hundred but it was worth it. Now last weekend, someone hit my car and took out a chip of paint the size of half a dime. I'm just fuming! The touch up paint kit isn't working. I know VW had two kinds of touch up kits, one that applies something like nail polish, the second sprays on. I tried the nail polish type. Don't know if the spray on would yield better results. Is there any option for me other than shelling out a few hundred more to have it painted again???

Reply to
The Devil's Advocate©

Forget it. Bumpers get scratched every day, and so do car doors. The only way to prevent them is to not drive your car.

Reply to
Papa

You can "blend" (or "spot") in the area for alot cheaper. The painter will have to use a blending agent that's compatable with whatever type of paint he used. But as the other fellow said: if you're going to drive your car you need to learn to live with small chips & scratches - they happen. Of course, the guy that HIT you *should* have to pay to repair the damage, small chip or not! ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

Perhaps something like this could give you an idea?

Tom's VR6

First thing I do on most my cars is put this 3m adhesive stuff on my front bumper. Its like this clear vinyl stuff, kinda like saran wrap. Its cool, because i've rubber my front bumber on another car when I was backing out, and all I did was peel off the stuff and put new stuff on. Also, water and dirt just peel right off it, kinda like that teflon stuff. I know this doesnt help you know, but its good for the future

Reply to
Gill2003