CIS-E in-tank fuel pump

Hello everyone,

I have a project that needs a fuel pump which is not positive displacement. I am looking for perhaps a centrifugal or other type of kinetic pump. Can anyone tell me anything about the (CIS or CIS-E) in-tank fuel pumps, I believe their function is to supply the vane type (high pressure) pump (which then requires a fuel pressure regulator and tank return line).

My dog ate my Bentley manual, so I'm kinda winging it...

I've got an '87 GTI 8V, but I'm not pulling it apart to try/use the pump, I'll be eBaying it for about $30. If anybody has a used one...

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
J. Michael Shifflette