CIS with Turbo

Hello everyone,

I'm on a budget and I have everything I need to hook a garrett t3 turbo up to my CIS injection car (or so I think I do

Is this even possible with this fuel system. If so, how the hell do I do it. I'm about to buy a 2.0 ABA engine and going to swap the x-flow head with my current 1.8L CIS head so I can do the swap. I'm going to be building the engine in my garage, so I'm going to do all the turbo work then. Has anyone done this before. I'm kinda confused on the whole idea of how it connects to my current fuel system, and if it will even work. Apparently it's possible, or so I think, but can anyone give me an specifics. It should run pretty good right?

-Brandon

87 Jetta GL 1.8L soon to be a 2.0
Reply to
Brandon Russell

Yeah I have done this a couple of times before. You will have to modify the

2.0l head to fit the 1.8l block the small oil return will need to be partially blocked off or the oil will drain out the side of the head. As far as the fuel system is concerned there are a few ways to do it... CIS is not the easiest but if you want to go that route I would recommend CIS-E as it is the most straight forward. I have a friend running this system as a dailey driver with no mods....HAs over 100,000km on Turbo system with stock CIS-E system. If you go straight CIS you will need a Fuel Enrichment system like on the Callaway turbo system.... hard to come by.. I would recommend running a fuel injection system from a G60 as they are really easy and almost straight bolt on. One thing I would REALLY recommend is to get a good downpipe made as big as possible from stainless steel. & install an O2 sensor for air/fuel guage.

Check out here for picks of my engine & car.

Reply to
Craig Williams