2.0 16V Swap

I'm currently swapping a 2.0L 16V engine into my 86 GTI, replacing the 1.8L. Anyone know where I can find information on re-wiring for this type of swap. going from CIS to Digi.. Thanks

Reply to
MicroBiz

I'm not sure what the issue is here. The 86 GTI exclusively ran CIS-E injection, not CIS. The 2L 16V engine (at least in the US and probably Canada) was exclusively mated to CIS-E Motronic. It will probably run okay with the stock injection and ignition system. If you want an extra margin of safety get ignition and injection computers out of a 16V CIS-E car (anything with the 1.8l 16v) and use them. It should be close enough and a lot easier than doing the CIS-E Motronic swap.

Reply to
no_thanks

log on the vwvortex and look the technical/16v fourum. Lots of good info in the FAQ's at the top about switching to digi1 aand digi2.

Reply to
Kurtis Daniels