Corrado vr6 swap

Previous owner had an engine fire. I also happen to have a totaled '01 GTI VR6 laying around. Engine is fine and dandy as is all wiring, etc.

My natural reaction is YEAH BABY. How different are the two ? Is this going to be as straightforward as i think ?

Silly questions i know, but considering i've never done anything like this before, and both cars are 400 miles from where i currently live, it's valid. I know a bit about cars in theory, but have never done much.

Keeping in mind that i have all the parts from both cars, and in about

6-9 months i will have access to a superb shop with access to every tool known to mankind, what challenges can i expect ? It can only be easier than any other a4->a3 swap, am i right ?

Whatever, just looking for some info before i get my hands dirty. links and whatnot are welcome. Thanks.

Reply to
McNerdius

Take pictures (digital of course) for the post-mortem ...

An engine stand / crane really makes the swap go quicker.

Do you have the computer from the GTI ? If that Corrodo is much older (90 to 94 ???) then you will need it.

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire