Death of an 88 Golf

Just wanted to thank the members of the group for advice they have given me with my 88 Golf. After an engine change, lots of other work, I'm finally putting it up for sale as the automatic transmission is starting to slip despite good fluid levels and there is no way I'm tackling that job. What are 15+ year old parts Golfs fetching these days anyway? (new wheel bearings, front end, windshield, and Scirocoo engine (8v) with about 75k on it. )

many thanks,

L.T.

Reply to
L. Thomason

To get an idea about parts car pricing, or pricing for the entire car, go to Ebay Motors and enter the year, make, and model. You should see other cars like yours, and how much they are selling for.

Reply to
Papa

Fixing an Auto trans isn't really a daunting task as in opening it up and fixing it.

In your case it could be as easy as dropping a replacement in.

Of course, when one is done, one is done- so bon voyage'.

Still, You might investigate 'the Samba' (based on aircooled VWs), and Craig's List.

TBerk

Sometimes location helps determine price. ;-) I have seen a bunch of Golf auto trans in the yards here in Chicago. I would guess that if the body is very good it might be worth $400 or so. JMHO later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1