does anyone know...

...if the voltage regulator for an '88 Porsche 944 is the same part as that used on a '90 Corrado G60? Trying to try all the "easy stuff" first to see why the 'rado has insufficient alternator output, but the FLAPS does not list a regulator for the Corrado, and the one vehicle I was able to cross it to (16V GTI) they don't stock and want something over $40 for just the regulator (!?!?!?!?!) I have a spare regulator for the '44 so was going to try that if I can get some confidence it's the right part.

Have visually inspected the brushes on the 'rado and they look OK. I am suspecting a blown diode but am hoping not to have to R&R the alternator. Any tips on dealing with the serpentine belt?

thanks,

nate

Reply to
N8N