Driver's side speakers problem

Hi:

I have a 1992 Jetta TD.

When I'm driving, Front/Rear Driver side speakers have ok sound, which then turns into static, then screeching, then clicking/no-sound and then back to ok, intermittently when I'm playing the radio on AM/FM.

I've switched the front driver and passenger side speakers and tried but the same results, i.e. the driver side speaker plays OK when switched to the passenger side. So that tells me that the front driver side speaker is OK.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

AJ.

Reply to
Amit Joneja

I would look for a bad connection somewhere.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Randolph

IF this is a stock system it seems your radio/head unit has a fault. I don't believe a 92 is still in warranty so you might take the time to consider a replacement.

OTOH, if the signal wire has a short (most likely to chassis ground) you might find and repair it, but I find this less likely.

Does the problem happen only when moving, or can you replicate it while in the driveway? Does it happen more often when the volume is loud?

TBerk

Hi:

When the engine is off and I switch on the radio, the problem doesn't occur at all/maybe once here and there. But when the engine is on (stationery or moving), then the problem occurs more. It occurs on low/med/high volume.

Thanks,

AJ.

intermittently

Reply to