driver side window stopped working

Hi, The driver side window stopped working a few days ago. I discounnected the battery overnight and reconnected it did not help reset the computer. The power is applied when the button is pressed. But there is no movement. Is there a reset process? I have already replaced all the locks on the doors in my 98 passat!!! Help.

Reply to
TallGuyCA

Check for broken wires in the door jam boot.

discounnected

Reply to
Woodchuck

Had the same thing happen in my GTI when battery died. There are cable wires in the door that run criss cross up onto some little pulleys just at the base of the window. They are very tough to get at. A little plastic block-check can easily let the cable block slip, knots in wires, slips off pulleys, get pinched. $246 dollars later...

discounnected

Reply to
Lumpy