DTC's 96 Jetta 2.0L

I bought a VAG-interface and using the ross-tech shareware version of the software was able to read the DTC's from my 96 Jetta 2.0. The following DTC's were read in VAG-COM: 00525 00515 00522 01252 00537 00513 Looking in the Bentley manual, the above numbers don't match any of the "P" codes or VAG codes which range from 16XXX to 18XXX.

Am I missing something?

dp

Reply to
Den

here is one of them

***** Most 1995 and earlier Bosch ECU's will show you a DTC 00513 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28) if you scan them when the engine is not running. This fault code goes away by itself once you start the engine. If this sensor were truly defective, the engine would not run at all! Please ignore this code.

***** So that IS a valid code!

did you look here, in a book or a CD?

did not see any of them either, so I understand your dilema. :-( which version of the software are you using? hmmmm usually you get more of a description of the problem even with the free version. :-) like this
also there is a mailing list you could join too
dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave