E85 in a fox?

Does anyone know how to tell if a car can use E85 fuel?

I kind of doubt it, but.. if a 1993 FOX could use E85, I sure wish I knew about it. That would be pretty nifty, might even justify all the repairs that seem to go along with a FOX...

Jamie

Reply to
nospam

DOnt take me for granted, but in Brazil a lot of foxes run on 100% alcohol, so the engine should be prepared for it.

Reply to
Eduardo K.

I would guess that those engines are similar but different WRT the FI system. Ethanol has a much lower energy density than gasoline, so to run correctly the fuel/air mix is WAY different.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I was reading about that, which made me think it could be possible, but.. I don't want to mess up the fuel lines and stuff. (the other things I'd read were that stainless steel fuel tanks and special fuel lines were required for alcohol fuel)

Anyone know of a web site some place that will tell a person what to look for?

Jamie

Reply to
nospam