Flat towing a Vanagon

I am interested in obtaining a VW Vanagon to tow behind my motorhome. Has anyone had experience towing four wheel down?

Reply to
ChaplainKent

All I can tell you is that whenever my '88 Cabriolet gets towed (after a breakdown) to a repair facility, the front wheels are off the ground. My car is front wheel drive. Often the information you seek is in the owner's manual, and of course the local VW service department should be able to tell you.

I have heard that towing when all four wheels are on the ground is OK below certain speeds and for short trips, but that otherwise the drive shaft may need to be disconnected. I don't know if this is correct, though.

Reply to
Papa