Flushing brake fluid

Does it matter what kind of ambient humidity there is in the air at the time the brake fluid is replaced? Presumably humidity and air in the fluid are important when it comes to brakes. I was trying to figure out if I should wait for dry air before having my fluid flushed.

I'm not doing it myself.

Reply to
Jem Berkes

Not if the fluid used is fresh from a sealed can. It takes time, remember.

Take care.

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

I would be more concerned that the person who you pay to do it actually knows how and actually does it. This is not something you can check on yourself, as you can with an oil change.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

Tom's VR6 wrote in news:1ps513ljgv4rij92d3po3nghh878p070u3 @4ax.com:

It's a shop I have had very good experiences with to date. Since I can't change it myself, I'll have to trust them to actually change the fluid.

Reply to
Jem Berkes

Make sure they have a power-bleeder. That makes all the difference.

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

x2. I did mine myself with one of these. Can't imagine doing it any other way. So easy and effective.

Reply to
Matt B.