fox heater problem (wont stop the heat)

howdy volks folks

i have a vw fox 1993 somehow the linkage for the heat cool position broke all i see is the blue cable tube and the cable from the control pannel and cant find where it connects too

i just need to find the other end so i can push it to the cool mode

anybody know where i could look or what to fiddle with to stop the flow of "coolant" to the heater core

i cant find the other end of the blue linkage anywhere (its like it went nowhere and its driving me nuts

respond here or email me i'll check both

Reply to
2000man

yea i found it but the valve is broke easy fix though

Reply to
2000man

did you have the recall done on it? I hate what the recall does to the heat. grrrrrr later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

AFAIK the recall will add a bypass to the heater hoses. Two vehicles that I have seen this done to had very weak heat after that. Originally ALL of the coolant in the heater hose goes directly through the heater core. With the recall MAYBE SOME of the coolant goes through the heater core. Very weak heat and very cold occupants. I personally hate this recall, as you can tell, but maybe it saves occupants from getting severely burned or even slightly warm, in case of heater core rupture. lol

dave