2.3 inj pinto engine problem ......

A year ago I bought a nice '92 four banger convertible 90k miles here in Scotland UK . There was always a smell of crankcase oil in the car while driving. Today I changed the oil and filter for the first time and found dangling above the filter a rubber hose that is not terminated at one end and going nowhere...... I thought I had found the oil smell problem and looked for wherever it had became detached from..........I could not find where it might have came off!!!......the rubber hose is about heater hose diameter and comes out of a "box" attached to the left hand side of the engine. It goes forward then turns 180 degrees and heads over the top of the oil filter and then turns upwards......I assume it is some kind of crankcase vent and would have expected it to connect into the engine air intake somehow....I have looked at the haynes and chilton workshop manuals and they are of no help ... anybody know where this hose should go???? jim

Reply to
jim stewart

probably a vent, PCV valve hose (?) should go to inside air filter to carb/intake somewhere see what you get if you order a PVC valve, if it fits the hose. (would keep in gasses too)

Reply to
huhie

the hose must have been cut then just above the oil filter...I will have a look for the PCV valve up at the inlet ... and extend the hose up to it...thanks....jim

Reply to
jim stewart

found the PCV valve...the vent hose from the oil separator wasn't cut .........pushed it back on to the PCV..... smell gone... tickover improved.......

Reply to
jim stewart