Fuel in the oil

Recently my 2002 series 4 Golf developed a very strange smell when the engine is running. It smells like acetone or something electrical burning ....

I've just checked the oil....It's filled to the correct level on the dip stick. I smelled the dip stick and it smells of petrol.. I think fuel is getting in to the oil... The car is booked in for it's second service to morrow. What could be causing the problem?

Reply to
Richard Smith

Note: In an earlier thread with the same subject line, Richard also noted that he is experiencing black smoke from the tail pipe. I indicated that it appears the engine is running rich.

I have no idea about any likely connection between any electrical smell and running rich.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Your injectors are sticking or something. For fuel to get in the oil it has to be bypassing the rings in the cylinders. This condition will cause the rings to wear out *very* quickly - I wouldn't drive it if I didn't have to. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver