Fuel too Lean multi P-1128 VW Passat 2000

I have code Fuel too Lean multi. Mechanic has gone over it but cannot find any leaks which is what he says that code normally means. The car runs just fine. Car does have 101K miles, but hate to start replacing MAF and O2 when car runs so good. Has anyone experience same code when car is running good. If code is cleared it takes about

5 min for it to return in morning, but in evening if code cleared it may take 1/2 hour driving or more to get it to happen. Cannot figure.... Would you think it is a problem to just keep running it. Thanks for any words of wisdom... Hope someone has seen this before... Thanks again!!
Reply to
dhawk10

It's not the O2 sensor! I still think you have a vacuum leak which causes that fault 90% of the time, the other 10% is the MAF. Have your mechanic check the boost control valve. I accept paypal, e-mail me for paypal account.

Reply to
Woodchuck