G12 - Fact or fiction?

Can anyone please give me an authorative account of why we should purchase, and use, VW's grossly overpriced coolant (other than that of warranty)?

Will my hoses really turn into dust? Will my engine consume itself in an orgy of ion exchange between the different metallic components? Will my seals become dust? Or do I believe the many reputable alternative suppliers of anti-freeze (for sales purposes sometimes known as "summer coolant"), who claim their products adequately protect-multi metal engines?

Reply to
Roget

"Roget" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk...

I used several brands and now I'm using G12. Most difference I can see is that it doesn't form that white corrosion on small leaks. Things seems to stay cleaner....But because it doesn't form that white stuff, leaks will stay leaking.

SFC

Reply to
SFC

Thanks very much SFC. That's most valuable and informative.

Roget

Reply to
Tobias