Good VW repair shops in DC area (MD suburbs)?

Can anyone provide recommendations on good places for VW service (whether dealers or independent) in the Maryland suburbs between Washington DC and Baltimore MD? My wife is looking for a new place to get her 2000 New Beetle serviced. (She was taking it to Russel VW in Ellicott City MD but for a variety of reasons decided to stop taking it there.) We live in southeastern Howard County MD (near Laurel) and I work in Bethesda MD, so any place in the general DC-Baltimore corridor would do.

Incidentally, in doing a Google search of this group I found several recommendations for Rainer's in Adelphi MD. I'm not sure they are still in business; there's an "Auto Boys" now at the old Rainer's address.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice anyone can provide!

Frank

Reply to
Frank Hecker

I thought I'd provide a brief recap of responses I received. I got an enthusiastic recommendation for Volkswerks in Falls Church VA (a bit far for me, but might be manageable), and a somewhat mixed recommendation for Wheaton Service Center in Wheaton MD. Shops explicitly not recommended included Wagensports and (to a lesser extent) EIP and MotorTechnik. Also, as I noted previously Rainers in Adelphi MD has transmogrified (changed name, sold the business, went out of business, or whatever) into "Auto Boys", so I have no idea if previous recommendations for them are still relevant.

Thanks to those who provided feedback! If anyone else has further comments on VW repair shops in MD, DC, or Northern VA please feel free to email me.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Hecker

I had a good service experience with Deutsche American in Ijamsville, MD, just south of Frederick. They work on VW, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche.

Reply to
4Motion

Rainer Wetzling retired, and Auto Boys is pretty much the guys who used to work for him. The sign out front claims that they have expanded into Japanese auto work.

I'm just about ready for a pair of front struts so I will probably take a chance on them just for old times' sake. Keep you all posted.

Reply to
Geff King