HELP -passat transmission valve body part number

I hope someone can help me. My transmission went into "limp" mode. I checked with VAG-COM and determined that one of the solenoids was not working. ( see below) Does anyone have the parts list for

1991 Passat with model 096 automatic transmission. I am sourcing a valve body and need the part number. Any help would be most appreciated.

Address 02: Auto Trans Controller: 096 927 731 M Component: DIGIMAT 0811 Coding: Diagnose VW

1 Fault Found: 00262 - Solenoid Valve 3 (N90) 36-00 - Open Circuit
Reply to
ronh

Don't rule out the wiring between the valve body and TCM!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Well of course Woodchuck is right! ;-) Maybe you will have the same success that I have had. I just had to clean my AT connections up after a really heavy rain causing shifting problems. This is that little round plug close to the starter over the trans with about

5/6 pins/terminals. I had to squeeze the plug to release it, then clean the terminals and treat them with some di-electric silicone grease. So far it is shifting normally again. :-) Oh and I did see some green corrosion on one of the terminals! I also notice that my AT temperature is still jumping around and also throwing a fault. I will have to try to tighten the terminals to see if it solves that problem too.

later, dave

91 Passat later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris
Reply to
dave

The trans fluid temperature sensor is located on the wiring harness/circuit foil located inside the trans.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thank-you for the info. Bentley doesn't offer much information on exactly which of the 3 plugs is the valve body connections.

I wanted to check the solenoids themselves but was unclear on which plug to check.

Again thanks

dave wrote:

Reply to
ronh

Thanks Woodchuck! I'll try cleaning and tightening the pins first and hope! lol

dave