High Oil Temperature-A2

Other way around....diesels use compression for ignition....they got much hotter than a gas engine.

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

Diesels are more efficient than gas engines, so by definition if they produce the same output power, the diesel will produce less heat.

snipped-for-privacy@doesthisblockporkm>

Reply to
Randolph

I knew that.

:-)

Reply to
Peter Parker

Ever feel the exhaust on a diesel. It's cold. That's a hint...

:-)

Reply to
Peter Parker

My 89 16V GTI oil temp on the MFA read 220. I would agree that oil is going to get hotter than water.

Reply to
Peter Parker