Injector Cleanning

I have a 91 Nissan Maxima. It runs well. Last week i took it to a mechanics to have the check-engine light check out. it turns out that one of the injectors was not working. he replaced it with an after market one. didn't turn out so well. so, i went to a junk yard to get injectors from an old car. i brought them home and decided to clean them with a brake cleaner. since this type of spray drias almost instantly i decided to remove all of the injectors and clean them with the brake cleaner. now the car shakes and it seems as if it wants to turn off. can anyone tell me if by using this brake cleaner i might have damaged the injectors. or how can i resolve this problem

Reply to
NissMax

Well you might try posting your question in a newsgroup about Nissan Maximas. This is a VW water-cooled newsgroup.

I might add that junk yard parts can be a good deal, but you should not count on them without testing. Brake cleaner is great for brakes, but I would not use it on injectors. Too many possible issues with incompatibility with injectors.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
none2u

Did you replace the "o" rings that seal them? If not you may have air leaks around them. Also next time try injector cleaner to clean them.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo