Lease is up, want to but for less than residual value

Hi,

The lease on my VW is up in a month and I'm thinking of buying the car but I don't like the amount of money specified in the lease. This is less than the market price for the car, but I didn't get a good lease deal and I'm thinking maybe this time I can compensate for this.

I'm wondering whether VW Credit does negotiate end of lease purchase prices? If yes, what is the best strategy?

Thank you

Reply to
vw lease

If it is less than market, why would they lower it more? Either you buy it and keep it, buy it and turn it around for the profit, or return it. On the other hand, you certainly don't stand to lose anything by trying.

You may be right about not getting a good lease deal, ideally for you the residual would end up at or above market (IE, you would pay slightly less for using the car).

If the difference between residual and market is significant then you got a raw deal, if it is slight then it is no big deal. It would be very difficult to guess the end value exactly at the beginning of the lease.

How big a difference is there?

Scott

Reply to
Scott