2002 WRX - resale value

I have an 02 WRX with about 35000 miles on it. I'm in Canada. Up here, it's 48000 km. ;-)

It's a lease, and the lease is up next month. The buyout is about $17k CDN, which is likely about $15k USD.

Its condition is overall very good - no accidents, always taken in for service at the recommended mileage etc.

I'm curious as to whether $17k is a sensible buyout. I thought of checking blue/yellow books, and I also thought of checking my local market. Bought an auto trader, and found one similar car (although with almost double the mileage), and the buyer wants $19k firm. So I expect the buyout isn't outrageous.

Just curious to see how people gauge such stuff...

I also expect prices to be lower in the States, but I'll want to base my decisions on Canadian market values.

Thanks!

BD

Reply to
BD

"BD" wrote in news:1156175407.212280.129230 @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Here's a good place to start:

The wholesale price is what you should be looking at and make sure you check out the "Province Considerations" at the bottom of the page.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic

Thanks! That returned a value of $19,500, so I guess $17,000 + taxes won't be far off.

Useful resource. ;-)

Reply to
BD