maintenance tips

I just bought an 06 VW Jetta TDI. Never had a diesel before. Besides following its maintenance schedule, what else should I be aware of or make sure gets done on it to prolong its life? Come on all you gearheads, now's your chance: enlighten me with your wisdom! Thanks, Dawn

Reply to
diesel dawn

I change my oil every 10,000 miles as per owners manual. My car only has 160,000 miles on it and it runs pretty good. I changed the timing belt as per owners manual. Follow maintenance procedures and it should give you good service. I am not as good about air and fuel filter changes though. I need to study the manual to see what the change interval is.

Do not drive any car just short trips if you want it to last.

You car probaly uses a special oil that might be near to impossible to f>I just bought an 06 VW Jetta TDI. Never had a diesel before. Besides

Reply to
Jim Behning

Full synthetic oil changes and most importantly, never EVER use bio-diesel.

Reply to
Madesio

Also be sure to use the specified materials, even dealers have been known to fail here.

Also you may want to clean out the snowscreen and intake from time to time. See TDI.COM for instructions.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan