mixture adjustment on 83 Rabbit carb

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with my 83 Rabbit L. It has a stock Carter- Weber carb and is running very rich. I recently replaced the needle and seat, which helped for a while, but now the plugs are covered in black fuzz and the exhaust spews black clouds. Compression is fine, I have replaced most of the vacuum lines and adjusted the timing. The questions are:

  1. Where is the mixture adjustment screw on this carb? The only thing I have found is idle (I think) on drivers (RH) side of carb.
  2. Could it be the O2 sensor? I haven't changed it quite a while.
  3. Any other ideas for leaning it out? Thanks!
Reply to
nosbig

Without knowing this type of carb. look at the base of the housing just under the throtlle plate for a small adj. screw. Sometimes it's in the mounting flange.

SFC

"nosbig" schreef in bericht news:5d59e95c7be46@uwe...

Reply to
SFC