mk3 Fog connectors?

A buddy of mine is looking for the wiring connector which connects the to the plastic housing on his Mk3 fogs. It's a two-prong female plastic part....

Does anyone have a source for these? He's tried most of the online places with no luck. The dealer wants over 20 bucks. Ripoff!

Anybody?

Reply to
Andre Levac

Junk Yard!!!

Reply to
Peter Parker

Make sure you look at the connector really good to know what to get. I think the same connector was used in several places (A2 GTI/GLI fogs, A2 GTI inner round lamps too I think). Might be able to find it on another car. I won't say it's an absolute truth, but most of VW's 2-wire connectors are the same.

Reply to
Matt B.

Are you sure that mk2 connectors work with the Mk3 fogs?? I hadn't heard that before. If so, I'll tell him to keep an eye out for mk2 parts as well!

Reply to
Andre Levac

that before. If so, I'll tell him to keep an eye out for mk2 parts as well!

I'm 99% sure. Folks have "rebuilt" their A2 fogs using A3 housings attached to A2 lenses. Check this out:

Can't quite make out the spot where the wiring harness plugs in, but maybe if you email the guy who started the post he can probably tell you if the A2 connector fit the A3 fog housing ok or not.

Reply to
Matt B.

Uh...that's me. :-)

Thanks for the info though, I'll pass it along to my buddy who's actually the one needing the part!

Reply to
Andre Levac

No no... I meant email the guy that started the post on the Vortex.

Reply to
Matt B.