Monsoon amp doesn't seem to be powering the door speakers

I have a 2004 volkswagen golf with the monsoon stereo system. I added a new head unit and installed 2 alpine type r 12s with a 2000 watt amp. My door speakers don't sound anything like they did with the stock head unit. Why is this? And how can I fix it?