'04 Grand Prix w/Monsoon - Rear speakers vibrate/rattle/buzz!

Hi, I have an '04 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2 with the Monsoon stereo. Ever since the dealer replaced the left rear speaker (due to a known wiring problem), the rear speakers now vibrate or rattle with deep, sustained bass sound. (I keep the bass level at "0", so I don't have the bass turned up too high).

The car is under warranty and I told the dealer about the problem, but they of course say they can't reproduce the problem (which seems to be their answer for most problems). However, they figured a speaker may be blown and went and replaced the left rear speaker for a second time, but the problem still exists.

What could be causing this vibration/rattle/buzz? Could the speakers be loose? I'm guessing the techs may have reinstalled the speakers incorrectly or just loosened something.

How, do I remove the cover over the rear speakers so I can see if anything is obviously loose, etc?

Or does anyone have any other ideas as to what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Scorpy

You can find the answer to your problem by posting on

in the

2004+ Specific forum. My member name is sam93gp. It's a great place for the Grand Prix owner.

This message was written on 100% recycled spam. SAM >>

Reply to
Samuel Warren