Need help with my 99.5 VW Jetta TDI..................

Can someone please help me. I am having problems with my 99.5 VW Jetta

5 speed manual transmission TDI. The car alarm was accidentally set off when a door that was supposed to be locked was opened. The alarm sounded off for a minute or two and shut itself off. The car has not started since and will not crank at all. The batttery is good +12.3V. I checked the wiring on the starter and everything looks good.

All the lights on the dash board including the glow plug light are lighting up when I turn the ignition.

The car is acting as if the clutch is not being pushed in when I attempt to start it. I checked the two clutch pedal switches underneath the dash and they are good. I removed them and checked continuity when pressing the buttons.

I downloaded some info from

that illustrates the relay panel under the dash. According to that layout, there are 2 anti-theft starter lock relays (#180 & #53) along with 2 central locking anti- theft warning fuses. The two fuses are fine and I think the 2 relays are good but I am not 100% sure. I opened them up and they appear to be in good working condition. I noticed that there are several terminals directly under the relays. There is a terminal labeled X75 that is directly under the #53 relay. I checked the voltage to this terminal with and w/o the ignition switch being turned. The terminal recieves +12.3 volts when the key is turned and the goes back to 0 when the key is removed.

Can someone help me troubleshoot this problem to avoid having to pay the stealership an absurd amount of money to get this fixed.

Reply to
morin.lucio

[...]

try locking the driver's door and then unlocking it with the key. ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I have tried relocking the doors with and w/o the remote as well opening them. None of that works.

Reply to
morin.lucio

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1