Need your opinion on 95 Cabrio

it seems my 91JettaGL with 254,000miles has started costing me more to maintain than buying a newer one.

I spotted a 95 Cabrio with 120,000miles for sale. I've heard too much that A3 and A4 were no longer built with such dilligence over quality as with A1, A2, and they tends to start breaking apart at just over 100,000 miles.

So I'm a little cautious in engaging in the purchase. Can any Cabrio owner give me some feedback on this model? Esp, what common problem you experienced, how servere are they?

many thanks, Ben

Reply to
Benjamin F. Zhou

At 120k miles the things that are important are more how the car has been cared for than what kind of issues are typical for that model. A 95 Cabrio is based on the A3 so you expect A3 defects. There is a decent Cabrio / Cabriolet group on yahoo groups that you might want to join. Go to groups.yahoo.com and search for VW Cabrio - you'll find it.

Damian

Reply to
Damian Shaw

I just bought a 95 cabrio with 92,000 miles a few months ago had it checked out by a mechanic and said it was in great condition .Mine runs great is fun to drive and leaks just a few drops of oil when I park it . I love it ... Good luck

Bugboy

Reply to
Da Surfers