New Beetle Speedo Problem

1999 New Beetle 2.0 auto.

Defective speedo with needle/pointer that is now sitting so low the fuel gauge needle/pointer hits it and stops when the ign. is turned on. Sometimes the speedo works and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone else heard of this? Is the only way to repair this problem is by installing another speedo? I called my VW parts manager and he has not sold any NB speedos. :-(

TIA dave

Reply to
dave

VW sells the unit as a rebuilt.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thanks Woodchuck! :-) So it has happened before with the NB Speedos. later, dave

Reply to
dave

No like you described. I usually see the low fuel light glowing dim.

Reply to
Woodchuck

We have seen a few of these and sublet them to Dash Electronics (no interest) but they have done a GREAT job. Please tell them Joel from Select EuroCars in Waterloo NY sent you. Dash Electronics Attn Steve 4577 LaPeer Rd ORION MI 48359 (248)-475-9019 Joel Osserman, proprietor SelectEurocars.com -Top 10 Buyer VW Off Lease USA '85-2001

0685 Waterloo-Geneva Rd. Waterloo, NY 13165 (315)-789-9368 phone (315)-789-9018 fax Always a choice of, 1995+ off-lease VW/Audi See us @
SELECT TRA

Thanks Woodchuck and Joel. I'll let you know what happens!

dave