no headlights

All of a sudden I'm driving along and my headlights go out. Tail, marker etc. all still work. Hi beams work as well. 89 Jetta. Since there's no relay, am I looking at a new switch? Thanx, Rick

Reply to
Rick

Or both headlamp bulbs are burnt out. Check to see if you have voltage at the bulb plug at headlamps.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to
Rick

Have you bothered to check all your fuses yet??

Chris

Reply to
Chris Z.

Check the fuses (may be more than one) and the ground. It could be the switch, but it does not sound like it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Rick