Oil change gone bad...

And guys who wear earrings might just lack the sophistry to get the right quantity of the proper grade of oil in the right car and tighten the plug enough the right way without stripping it and getting it to the specified torque LOL!

Reply to
Sherlock

I think you're mistaking the 'sophis' part for sophistication.

lamerfreak

There are some male earring wearers that do no wear earrings at a working function, rather, only when socializing. Should I do an earlobe penetration check next time my car is worked on?

Reply to
Jonny

OT and history ('77 Scirocco), but your story reminded me so here goes. In about 1982, my daughter and I spent a week on the ocean beaches of Washington State and on the trip back home I stopped in a small town for gas. The kid came to the window and said "your brake fluid is low, it should be filled." I asked him twice about having the correct fluid and then told him to go ahead. Drove off.

About 50 miles later I got a high temperature on the coolant temp gauge so I stopped and opened the hood. I was greeted by quite a bit of steam and upon investigation I found my coolant hoses way soft and leaking. I got home by leaving the cap loose and topping up with distilled water (that I always carry a gallon of). Turns out the idiot kid mistook the coolant overflow tank for the brake fluid reservoir and added brake fluid to that. So it turns out to have been moot whether he had the correct brake fluid or not. Idiot me for not checking what he was doing. New hoses, a couple of flushes, and new coolant later, all was OK.

Now I always either take the car to a dealer shop I trust or do it myself.

- Jim K

p.s. No I was never able to find the station or the kid again :-(

Reply to
JAMES KLOTZ

By the way, Shakespeare wore an ear ring, as did Black Beard and Jesse Ventura. These three are examples of the variety of human character, so don't be misled by popular misconceptions - only lemmings allow that to happen.

Reply to
Papa