Problem with 97 Golf Conv Hydraulic hood pump

I have a 1997 Golf 1.8 Convertible the electric hood has stopped working, due to the hydraulic fluid leaking out from a crack in the plastic reservoir on the end of the pump.

The part number of the pump is 1EO 871 791 A all I need is the plastic reservoir dome on the end but I feel I may have to get the whole pump.

Does anyone know how to disconnect the hydraulic pipes from the pump they seem to have special connections, I suppose due to the pressure.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

In the morning I will be ringing VW for the price of the part, but I have a feeling that it will be very expensive.

John

Reply to
John C

Problem sorted VW sell the plastic reservoir separately for £20, otherwise it would have been a complete pump at £580.

John

Reply to
John C

John C top posted:

I'd recommend advertising in "Tongs and Curlers Monthly" then

Reply to
Jeff Dyer

I think that comment should be bottom-posted, right back where the crap belongs, then get your mum to change your nappy.

Reply to
Dave Hall