Project Car

I would like to spend no more than 2000 USD on the purchase and rehab of a project car. It doesn't matter what model as long as it is VW. Is one model easier to restore than another........I would like to start with a car the is somewhat mechanically sound and go from there. I know there are lots of variables but give me your opinion on what model I should be looking to buy thanx

Reply to
Rakblight2

Not sure what you want to end up with, but try this on:

1987 Jetta GLI 4-door 16V 1.8 CIS'E engine Metallic charcoal paint. minor damage LR fender Recaro interior (complete). Driver's seat needs minor repair Excellent street tires Teardrop alloys A/C worked last summer, probably needs recharge (or removal) 150K miles, good compression, no oil usage

Modifications: Autopower 6-point roll cage - SCCA legal.

5-point cam-lock belts Fire extinguisher window net Wink mirror

Upgraded shift linkage, short throw, no plastic joints (excellent) HOR springs, lowered and stiff Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustable shocks (4) Autotech stress bars Front & rear

Carpet, headliner, rear seats removed. Recaro door panels and rear seat included. Front air dam included, not installed.

I've enjoyed this car for the last 2 years, but it doesn't look like I'm going to take the time with it that it needs. Too many things going on, trying to focus on my RX7 race car. So the VW needs a new home:

Needs an afternoon's work to make it into an Improved Touring SCCA car. Or run NASA or track days as-is. And commute with it. You can drive it anywhere and have fun doing it. Current TX tags & Inspection, passed smog test last 2 years as-is

$2500 trades and serious offers considered

I'm in Fort Worth days 817-834-5559 x3105 home 817-431-8051 email me days at work rex at txol dot net or home Burkheimer at earthlink dot net

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B